Monday, March 3, 2008

worship

Last quarter I wrote a final paper for my "Postmodern Theology, Film, and Youth Culture" class. We had to discuss one aspect from any of the categories, or combine them if we liked, and I had some specific ideas bouncing around in my head for a while and figured this would be a good chance to try to study and sort them out. So, I wrote about worship.

I didn't put it up for a long time (it's been almost 3 months now) because I didn't know how I felt about it. It's easily the most personal paper I've ever written. I was worried that I would get marked down for my honest and open style of writing, but I had to do it that way. This is stuff that is really on my heart. I want to learn this aspect of life more than anything else. So it's hard to share that, but I guess now or never. I also don't know about it theologically, which is another reason I'm afraid to put it up. But it's what I was thinking and wrestling with at the time, and I still am.

If you wanna read it, you can get it right here. It's about 7 pages, and hopefully you will find it interesting. Please leave comments with your thoughts, good or bad. I certainly don't think I have this figured out yet, but I tried to put a little bit of form to some vague ideas... Thanks.

No comments: