Friday, October 5, 2007

And God said, "Let there be rock." And there was underOATH

Tonight something amazing is happening. underOATH is playing in LA. I am going. I cannot write down how thrilled I am! The only sad part is that I won't get to enjoy them with my buds. This is the first time I'll see underOATH without Stefan in the pit with me. I hope I make it out alive, in one piece, and with both of my shoes...

Another cool bonus is that this is the same venue Rob Bell is coming to next month on his speaking tour "The Gods are not Angry". So I'll be able to scope it out and know where to park, when to leave, and be able to fully enjoy that event.

I'll come back and write some followup stuff to my last post on Saturday. A lot of the time I'm just throwing unprocessed ideas out at you, so I probably don't really understand what I'm saying or implying. I'm throwing ideas at the wall and seeing what sticks. It's kinda like throwing your mashed potatoes up against the wall... And I've never been to Boston in the fall. I don't think the Chargers have either...

Anyway... my goal in making some of these statements and asking some of these questions is just to get us to take a step back and examine what we can grow and improve on. I know the (handful of) people who read this and I know your hearts are all pure. Don't think I ever doubt motives. I just don't ever want to settle in pursuing the best way to reflect Christ to the world around us, and that means asking hard questions some times.

No comments: